Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Concept Art - Style and Color ideas

Posted by honesttoblog42 at 12:45 AM
This was my original style that I had for my previous works. It was supposed to be styled like a coloring book or a children's book. At first I wanted to keep this style...




...so I decided to just design Mindy since I already had all of the other characters designed in this style. This is the sketch that I had for Mindy. 


But I began to think about the sort of retro style that people often used in like futuristic type drawings and began looking up not only that retro style but also some vintage circus posters. 



Also I looked up some images of the circus in the 30s-40s since that is the time in which my narrative is set. 

                                       




I then used the retro stylistic illustration and the limited and muted color pallet of the vintage circus posters to create a redesign for Mindy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Digital Cinema Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei