Saturday, February 23, 2013

DAD Final Idea

Posted by honesttoblog42 at 11:14 PM
Okay so I think I have the final idea of what I want to do for the DAD/ADA project. I want to create an animation using DAD but the animation is going to be pixels like a 8-bit video game. It's going to be a fairly simple animation probably not over 5 secs.

Content

The idea behind the making of this piece is to comment on how companies will take anything that makes people happy, bottle it up, and sell it. They use these ploys to appeal to human emotions and trick people into buying their products to achieve that emotional satisfaction. For example, paint sample cards. When you go buy paint and you see the little samples like these
that have those little numbers at the bottom and the name of the colors. These colors vary so little and are named so extravagantly in order to appeal to people's likes and to force them to buy. Like these for example
people would look at this and think "Oh! Brilliant Sea? Well, I love the sea. It makes me happy." So they would buy 520B-6 a.k.a "Brilliant Sea" that is literally just a little more saturated than liquid blue, or the blue they already have on their walls, but they will paint their rooms "Brilliant Sea" because it's called "Brilliant Sea"' and seas make them happy.

Project 

My project is to create an animation that depicts the actual physical objects that are used by the companies in their marketing campaigns. I have multiple ideas but for one I wanted to depict a sunrise however instead of a realistic photo, I would use actual paint sample layout and numbered colors to create the sunrise. For this process I would:
D - digitally take picture of a sunrise or sunset. Upload those pictures and use Photoshop to extract the exact code for a certain amount of particular colors
A - draw the animation sequence by hand
D - scan all of the frames into the computer, add the colors and their respective codes into them and edit them as needed, and lastly animate.

A sunrise isn't really the only thing I want to animate but I really wanted to get feedback and ideas from anyone on how I can make this concept better or different/ more effective ways that I could get my point across.

Edit
I decided for this project that  I would do ADA. The video will consist of four elements, a sunrise, the ocean, a sunset, and a beautiful night sky. For this process I will:
A - draw out the characters and scan them in
D - digitally edit, color, and animate them
A - print out all of the frames (12 per sec) and paste them onto a long wall or surface in sequence
This is basically a spin-off flip book and will have to be documented

Another thing I can do is a stop motion animation where I:
D - digitally create the characters
A - print them out and stop motion animate them
D - bring the pictures back into the computer to edit 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Digital Cinema Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei