Thursday, February 28, 2013

Assignment Write-Up [2/28/13]

Posted by honesttoblog42 at 6:30 AM
For this assignment I decided to go do a commercial for a fake paint company called Pixel Paints. The idea behind the making of this piece is to comment on how companies will take anything that makes people happy, bottle it up, and sell it. They use these ploys to appeal to human emotions and trick people into buying their products to achieve that emotional satisfaction. For example how paint sample card are labelled with elaborate names like "Brilliant Sea," "Sea Foam Green," "Yellow Brick Road,: etc. in order to appeal to us to buy. To achieve this I created a stop motion animation using a background that looks like a paint sample card. I labeled the colors of the characters with their corresponding numerical and alphabetical code to show that though there may be three different characters with the same color white, the codes are entirely different  This is the same ruse used by paint companies.
The only technical issues I ran into with this was that I didn't realize how bad my father's camera was until it was too late to do the entire sequence over again. So the images are not the best that they could be. I tried to edit them the best that I could.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Digital Cinema Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei